Why Assisted Recovery Centres of Africa?
Assisted Recovery Centres of Africa (ARCA) has helped hundreds of people get on the road to recovery and stay there by going beyond the 12-step programs that are available.
Advances in the understanding of the neurobiology of addictive disorders has led to the development of an entirely new class of medications that target specific regions of the brain and that have no addictive properties. This medication is Naltrexone which was developed by the U.S government almost thirty years ago to minimize cravings.
This is the only medication approved by the FDA to treat drug, alcohol and prescription medication addictions. The only limitation of naltrexone is poor medication compliance.
The ARCA program has several unique features that include:
- Fast, safe and effective medical detox in 3-5 days
- Elimination of withdrawals
- Craving management with NON-ADDICTIVE anti-craving medicines
- Neurotransmitter stabilization
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Counselling
The benefits of the ARCA program include:
- Complete confidentiality
- There is little or no disruption of family life and indeed the family is involved in the recovery right from the start
- Program can be tailored to suit individual patient needs
- The treatment cost is only a fraction of the cost of long term residential treatment.
- One full year of aftercare group support